Wednesday 20 March 2013

COPYRIGHT

I belong to a Yahoo group Embroidery Friends & the thread at the moment is copyright, so I thought that I would look up the current rules in Britain
www.ipo.gov.uk/c-basicfacts.pdf

This link explains very clearly the minefield that is copyright or intellectual property rights with the UK

As textile artists we inspire each other, but no-one should blatantly copy anothers work, what is the point of that?  How does our creativity grow if we dont think for ourselves and see what WE can achieve.

I deliver workshops, locally & via the Internet, I am eternally hopeful that those that take the workshops use the information in an appropriate manner & credit me where possible.  Indeed I do receive requests from time to time which mostly I am happy to allow.

So the object of this blogpost is to get each of us to think when we take a workshop or buy a workshop what we do with the information gleaned

Forging forward is what we should do!!

I shall now be Forging Forward Folgate - lol

Have a good day, its dull, grey and snowing here & I am eagerly awaiting the touch down of my globe travelling family today. Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...