Thursday 8 September 2011

QUILTS OF VALOUR

On Tuesday a group of 10 ladies came together again to continue with the making of our 2 quilts for valour UK.  All the materials are from Margarets stash the lovely lady who donated the Accuquilt Go to me to share with the quilters in our area.
We raised the cost of the Bamboo wadding from the donated money for the stash of patchwork magazines so loved by Margaret.
Bee Inspired provided the venue free of charge and also provided the wadding, some large pieces of fabric for an additional border & 505 spray at cost price.  Thank you David & Jemma x

I want to thank the ladies, Rachel for co-ordinating the hand stitched quilt which I have called Forest & her mum, lovely to see her again.
To our machinists, Sally, who amongst other things created 4 tiny tiny blocks with 1 inch half square triangles for the corner stones of the border.  Janis, Sheila, Brenda & Carolyn, for dealing with whatever I threw their way!!  To our hand pieces, Katy, Carol, Eileen, Rachel & her mum, wow you are quick & accurate x
I really hope that I have not forgotten anyone?
I forgot to take any pictures of work in progress, being a bit under the weather.

The next installment of THE HAPPY HORNETS - this is what we decided to call ourselves, Ketterings Quilting Bee! will be on
Friday 25th November 2011 from 1pm to 4pm ish
Where the quilts will be sandwiched ready for the quilting.

FOREST will be hand quilted in the ditch & HOPE will be machine stitched with a walking foot

The binding is alreasy made for Forest.  I am off to get some more of Margarets stash this afternoon, hopeful of finding some backing, if not then I am sure that my stash from my days as a MakowerUK quilt designer will suffice :-)

If you would like to join in The Happy Hornets, then please either talk to me in a class or email me on shelaghfolgate@aol.com
Thanks everyone x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...