Wednesday 7 September 2011

SEPTEMBER

For most teachers September looms like a spectre at the end of the summer.  Well no summer here in England.  It has come in like some whirling dervish (whatever that is?)  Yesterday was the first day back locally & my husband & I were bemoaning how awful it must have been for school teachers, with the kids literally high as kites.  The image above is by Janet Bolton, whose work I really love.  She was at FOQ but always busy.  I have had the pleasure of 2 workshops with her many years ago
At the moment I am putting together two new courses Design to Stitch masterclasses.  This is an exciting prospect, creative classes without the restrictions of City & Guilds.  Something that I have wanted to do for a long time.  This will be the first time that I can incorporate hand & machine stitching in the same lesson.
If successful then I would love to do more, including in the evenings.
I have completed some stitched samples, sorry cant show.  Maybe I might do an Internet course as well at some time.
I had better return to work, have just posted today's brain edges offering, have a go at it, both Dale & I unbeknown to each other have done similar work, truly edgy. Thanks for reading x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...