Saturday 12 March 2011

EMBROIDERY

My heart goes out to all the people affected by the terrible natural disaster in the far east.  Nothing that I could possibly write could ease the pain & suffering.  Everything today seems a bit surreal.  Last night we experienced a personal trauma, in that my MIL had a very nasty accident & is now in hospital.  Lack of sleep & much clearing up has left me emotionally exhausted.
Searching through my emails there was a link to a TV program about EMBROIDERY in India.  What a wonderful hour I have just spent watching the program on IPlayer
This is the LINK HERE
It is extrememly well presented by Giff Rhys-Jones. There are very few textile related programs on TV in Britain.  Do try & watch it. x
My MIL is still in hospital but is OK

2 comments:

  1. I decided to iplayer the india programme, loved it so interesting both for the embroidery and indian culture. The only thing was i missed most of an interesting italy v france rugby. What a result for Italy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved the programme..amazing.x lynda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...