Friday 6 December 2013

SIX UP


Ready for the Christmas table, my Riley Blake table centre tumbling blocks, stars, legs, a bit of an optical illusion this one.  Love these fabrics, such a modern take on the traditional red and green.

Today I have been for my diabetic review and I came home in tears.  I have bought my HB1AC down to the level of a non diabetic.  I no longer have to take a tablet.  How fantastic is that!  Funny how happy news ca make you sob like sad news.  The nurse said that results like mine make her job and going to work so worthwhile, she said she had goosebumps reading my results.
My cholesterol is also totally normal.  I know you have followed along with my rantings about my diet (sorry) so I thought that you might want to know.
So to celebrate, I nearly burnt out house down.  I put chicken legs in the oven, went into the sitting room and watched The workplace choir.
My husband fell asleep with the kitchen door closed.  My goodness we are fortunate, totally burnt black and charred legs, dreadful smoke everywhere.
Not a charred chicken leg, but a charred piece of Lutradur

On the One show this evening there is a brownie competition

But here are the best from the fabulous Mary Berry yum yum

Mary Berry's brownies

These are to die for. Gooey and chocolate heaven. Don't over bake. Cardinal sin. Makes about 20, enough for 1 person and a tub of ice cream.

You will need:
100g of chocolate chips. I used 50g of white choc and 50g of plain choc
75g cocoa powder
100g self-raising flour
375g golden caster sugar
275g butter, softened
4 large eggs

Grease and line and tray bake or roasting tin and preheat the oven to 160 degress C.

Put all the ingredients into a large mixing bowl and mix together. Don't over mix as this will affect the texture of the brownies.

Spread evenly into the tin and bake for 35-45 minutes. Check them after 30 minutes by putting a sharp knife or skewer into the middle. If it comes out almost clean, they are ready. You can cook them slightly longer but I prefer a gooey centre. Cover loosely with foil if browning too much. Leave to cool completely in the tin. Cut into squares or rectangles and store in a tin. Best served warm with vanilla ice cream and a sprinkle of icing sugar.


Finally I cant end without a comment on the life of Nelson Mandela.  I love seeing the celebrations of his astonishing life.  A man who lived countless life times and did so much for so many, may he rest in peace & my thoughts are with his family and his country.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...