Saturday 28 September 2013

TRANSFER PRINTING

I am very pleased to announce that I am a guest artist in www.thethreadstudio.com new EZINE threads-in-fusion.
My article is on TRANSFER PRINTING.
I have two workshops currently for sale on the patterns page on my website HERE

Here is a different idea
I have wiped my large brush onto layout paper & let the colours dry, remember that they dont look the same colours when transferred 
I have cut & torn the papers to make a Courthouse steps look, a Patchwork technique.
This is what 4 repeats look like, really bright colours, compare with the originals.
This is transferred onto a stretchy polyester like fabric, a bit like teeshirt fabric
To stabilise it I ironed it to interfacing, before transferring & will stitch it with the stretch stitch on the sewing machine
A great way of making quick Christmas pressies
Ive lots of NEW fabrics on the website now.
Solid Black Kaufman &  Bright White Michael Miller
Beautiful Tone on tones, white, cream & ivory
A lot of black & white & grey fabrics
Retro Boho, which I am using today to make a curved piece

A couple of lovely Hunter green & cream fabric with gold spirals on, great for Christmas but excellent for all year round.  I am awaiting the red, seems its very popular
Links to all HERE
I have added FREE links to freebies from fabric manufacturers too

Im enjoying the lovely weather we are having here in England, whilst resting my poor old knees !  At last my toothache is easing, hooray.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...