Saturday 24 November 2012

BACK NOW

Hi, so sorry to disappear.  Far too much going on & I decided that my blog was not going to be a moan blog  (well not too much anyway)
During this time there was a highlight in that we went to Bedford AC awards night where we met
Robbie Gabarz, Olympic bronze medallist in the high jump
A very personable young man, who presented the awards with much aplomb.  It was a great evening, there were many gamesmakers there in their uniforms, wonderful videos of the astonishing summer of sport, a straw poll of who will get the BBC sports personality (we voted Greg Rutherford) but the winner was Bradley Wiggins, which was suprising given the audience of over 200 were all athletes from athletics, closely followed by Jess Ennis & Mo Farrah.
Stitching has been a bit sparse, but I did manage to finish a comfort quilt for my friend who is recovering from an operation (that ended up as two operations), it is called sunshine and is very bright, when I gave it to her she had a brown blanket over her, that was consigned to the floor.  It is lovely to make something for someone who really appreciates it, I hope it cheers her up.
Today we have put up a bouncy castle for our son who was enjoying a falconery day out
www.bouncywouncy.co.uk
Tomorrow is the end of this seasons Formula One in Brazil, which I have been following & the send of Lewis Hamiltons career with McClaren, which is a huge shame as their headquarters are not far from here & I know some people who work there.
Next year I shall be running a series of Saturday machine stitching classes, MODERN QUILTING, using simple design & easy methods to create a range of items that I will design.  I amhopeful of bringing younger quilters into the qonderful world of stitching.  My patchwork organiser course is going well with some beautiful pieces being constructed.  I promise to take pictures when it is finished.  I shall endeavor to write up a newsletter soon, followed by some workshops
I missed the Affinity meeting this month where the group was making felt, I am looking forward to seeing what they made & I also missed my BOAT meeting & the Embroiderers Guild, so a lean month with creativity.  I have started a Christmas pressie & ordered some special fabric, cant show it until after Christmas,
Hope you have been okay, especially with the dreadful weather worldwide.  Back soon, thanks for reading  x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...