Wednesday 27 July 2011

disappeared & Important news

Hi, sorry I seem to have disappeared for a while.  I am having a huge sort out of my studio & storage room, everything is upside down! literally!
I have posted a doddle to the brain edges blog, done hastily this evening. Had a trip out today to an exhibition which was a huge disappointment in that the work looked mostly like samples mounted in some odd colours.  One set of pieces was very poorly mounted for an exhibition and all the textile prices were really quite astonishing.  I guess that they didnt really want to sell the pieces so put inflated prices on them.  It is always hard to judge what price our textile work is worth.  Too cheap & no sell; too expensive and still no sell. Very difficult to get it just right, there really is not an exact formula. Lovely day with great company

Back soon with some pictures, the newsletter will appear as soon as I can get to the relevent pieces

My important news is for anyone in distance of Kettering, Northamptonshire. 

The very kind lady who bought the Accuquilt Go for all the quilters in the area sadly passed away a few weeks ago.  In her honour & to honour our very brave troops, I am organising the construction of a QUILT OF VALOUR on TUESDAY 2nd AUGUST 2011 at the Bee Inpired studio, Market St mews, Kettering from 10am to 4pm
I just need people for as short or as long as you can spare.
There are strict rules for making this quilt.  I shall use as much of Margarets stash as is appropriate as I can, including cutting the patches with the GO machine & sewing with her machines, all donated by ther husband. In this way I feel there will be a lastly patchwork legacy
If you can spare the time to hand or machine sew or iron or cut pieces or make tea please just turn up
If this is successful then I may hold another day later in the summer to help those who are on holiday
Thanks go to David & Jemma at the studio for donating the day free of charge.  There is no cost
If anyone wants further details then please contact me via email: shelaghfolgate@aol.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...