Thursday 13 February 2014

MYKONOS

New in the shop today - Mykonos by P & B Textiles
A few posts back I was talking about using patchwork fabrics creatively.  With over printing, Thermosfax screens, dyeing  etc
This new range Mykonos is perfect for patchwork, furnishings and for over printing.
Using a plain fabric allows layers to be built up slowly, using a preprinted fabric gives exciting results.
I used a previous fabric like this in my Across the World workshop (available HERE)
Im on a bit of a mission to get people to see the potential in the stunning cotton fabrics available nowadays.
Today I started teaching a foundation pieced quillo, using the add a quarter method, also in honour of the winter Olympics I have created a diamond stack and whack pattern, Im sure that Mykonos will make an appearance as well.
Its almost 10pm here and I have to put away the whole of the fabric shop, moved for the boiler git, who for some unfathomable reason would not look at the boiler without my DH removing shelves and all the contents.  I do wish I had been here.  I am quite furious about it, thanks a bundle British Gas grrrrr.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...