Tuesday 25 June 2013

59 verses 55


Ive had a lovely day today.  My big birthday came early with these gorgeous flowers and a scrummy fresh fruit salad, lovely cards and pressies, yet to be opened.  A BIG thank you and hug from me to RUTH, CAROLYN, SALLY, RACHAEL, JEMMA, DAVID &  all involved in the surprise.
AND tomorrow, Im going to WASH all day...WHAT!! yep wash and I will show you what in the next post
Land of ill has not gone away completely, but this is BIG week, first wedding anniversary and two big birthdays & the sun has come out!

Continuing actually showing that I am a patchwork teacher, these are TANYA's FLORIBUNDI blocks, showing that modern fabrics work really well with these blocks with a centre, a stunning piece and it was Tanya's FIRST quilt, very well done

This beautiful STACK & SLASH quilt is going to be a RAFFLE QUILT, made by RACHAEL as a raffle prize for a group her son belongs too.  It is not gender specific & I think that anyone would be delighted to win this lovely piece which is cross hatched quilted.  An excellent piece Rachael & I would like some tickets please!

RUTH bought some MODA CANDY BARS & we sorted them into colours suitable for a baby boy, then added some fabric bought at BEE INSPIRED, she quilted the whole quilt with blue thread in straight lines & has produced this lovely MODERN QUILT, I think any new mum would be pleased to receive this, beautifully pieced and quilted

Due to the land of ill, nothing has arrived from the needle of Folgate, except I quilted a commission piece, which I forgot to photograph, bit hard with coughing and spluttering but the lady seemed pleased with the end result.  It was made totally from Batik fabric.  This is a range of fabric that I don't often use, I have a box of small pieces which are now going to have to make an appearance.

I do hope that you enjoy seeing what my students make, there are many more, organisers, bags, containers and so on, I am going to TRY to remember to photograph them

By the way, I have declared there to be 13 months in the year from today, the new month is called apatchshe making me 55 tomorrow, hooray......... I have turned into a Q !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back soon - where's the washing powder??? xx
Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment, regards Shelagh

Followers

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...